Waiotemarama Healing Space is in a unique position surrounded by the following areas of interest:
1. Waipoua Forest is only a few minutes drive away, where apart from being close to the famous possibly largest kauri in New Zealand (Tane Mahuta), you have access to beautiful bush walks.
2. Two kilometers up Waiotemarama Gorge Road, you will discover the Labyrinth Woodworks & Maze (www.nzanity.co.nz ), which is adjacent to the Waiotemarama Bush Walk. For those of you who wish to take exercise in such a beautiful forest, you will experience such peace and rejuvenation.
3. Between Waiotemarama Gorge Road and Omapere you can turn down Waimamaku Beach Road and four kms later reach the wild west coast with miles of sandy beach to walk, run along, surf caste or just search for shells.
4. You can then carry on further over the hill to Omapere and as you reach its summit, it takes your breath away. One is faced with unsurpassed sea where the harbour meets the ocean. Before descending, you can drive up to the lookout for an even more dramatic view.
5. In Waimamaku you will find a very good cafe which is an ideal venue for lunch or just a coffee. Right beside the cafe there is a resource centre with an internet service and next door the Waimamaku Four Square store. (The cafe photo is on the top of this page.) Waimamaku is 4 kms from Waiotemarama Gorge Road. There is another place for dinner with sea food and bar opposite our local garage also in Waimamaku.
Links for more areas of interest throughout the Hokianga.
The information you will find within these web sites and any more you may find will provide much more information than is possible to include here.